What Kind of Amp for an Acoustic/Electric Guitar?

by Tyler
(Raleigh, NC)

I recently bought a Taylor 314ce acoustic/electric guitar. This is my first acoustic/electric. I also have a 65' Silvertone 12" tube amp that my grandpa handed down to me. So I wanted to know if I could plug my acoustic/electric into the amplifier without causing any damage? I don't think that it would be good for me to, but when I bought the guitar there was instructional pamplet about the "Understanding the Taylor Expression System" and it says: The Taylor ES is designed to be plugged-in using a standard quarter inch guitar cable, which will work in every circumstance: with an acoustic guitar amplifier, a standard direct box, or any other guitar-ready application." Does this apply to a tube amp?


Hi, Tyler--

You can plug your new guitar into the Silvertone amp with no fear of damage to the guitar. It may or may not give you the sound you want, but for starters, it will work just fine.

You will want to check out our Absolutely Free Guitar Lessons where you will find tons of free lessons, free tabs, and other valuable free resources to help you with your playing.


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask Guitar Questions.