Need help with a fill please.

by Andrew
(Boston, MA)

In the REO Speedwagon song “Roll with the Changes” Alan Gratzer plays a four bar fill after the guitar solo at 4:40 in the song. I cannot figure out what he is playing. It sounds like ruffs. But its not quite.

Can anyone help me transcribe that four bar fill? Thank you.


Hi, Andrew--

We have transcribed the entire song:

The fill after the guitar solo at 4:40 is only one measure. What you are hearing is 32nd notes on the snare.


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask Drum Questions.