Keyboard Terms

by Angie
(Okinawa, Japan)

I bought a keyboard at a recycle/thrift shop

however it didn't come with a user's manual.
I've attached a PIC of the keyboard.
Though the keyboard does serve my purpose I see the following words on the keyboard and it's heightened my curiosity level.
Thus I was wondering if you could be ever so kind as to tell me what the following keyboard terms are and if not if you could recommend a website that can tell me about keyboard terms and what they are used for.
The words are as follows:
1. Main/Auto Fill
2. Ending
3. Large/Small
4. Reverb
5. Sync
6. Split
7. Fingering
8. Minus One
9. Jam Track
Thank You!!


Hi, Angie--

All keyboards use different terms for their various functions. The best thing to do is to find out the Brand and Model of your keyboard and then go to the website of the manufacturer and download the manual.

Alternately, you can just try out the buttons and see what they do.


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask Piano Questions.