How Can I Play Pinch Harmonics?

by ben

i was watching buckethead perform "whitewash" and at around 3:12 and 3:24, he uses a very high pitched effect. what is this effect called?
link to video:


Hi, Ben--

It is not the effects pedal that makes the high pitched "Squeal" that you hear. The technique is called "pinch harmonics".

If you would like a free lesson in using guitar harmonics, please visit:

Natural and Artificial Harmonics

Best Wishes,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask Guitar Questions.